This Gingerbread Loaf is the ideal winter bread and is full of comforting Holiday spices. Perfect for a winter morning when it's snowing out or with a cup of coffee.
A gingery, spice-filled loaf.
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce or apple butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 oz cream cheese ½ block, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ - 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Using a stand mixer or an electric mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and the egg. Blend in the applesauce.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda and spices (ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.) Mix until combined.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until it is risen and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese with the vanilla and then add 1 ½ cups of the powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
Leave a Reply