Mmmm peaches! Probably my favourite of all the stone fruits. This cake is moist and absolutely delicious. Eat it warm with cream or ice cream for a tasty summer treat!
Peach Upside-Down Cake
Deliciously warm, sweet and oh-so summery
- ¾ cup butter softened, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Melt ¼ cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply