These chocolate caramel cookies are ooey, gooey, rich, stuffed with caramel and loaded full of chocolate. Just one will satisfy any sweet craving.
My favourite part might be that they're stuffed with Rolo's. Rolo's have always been a favourite chocolate of mine and the sprinkle of salt on top just gives it that delicious salted caramel flavour.
These are an absolute winner!
Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 12 Rolo candies unwrapped
- Maldon salt or sea salt flakes for the top
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl beat together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Mix in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients on low speed until just incorporated, don't over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. (I reserve ¼ cup for adding at the end) Cover TIGHTLY and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and take the dough out of the fridge while the oven is preheating.
- Roll 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. Break the ball in half and place one half on a baking sheet. Press a Rolo into the center of the cookie dough, top with remaining half of the cookie dough ball and press down on top of the Rolo to cover it completely. Press a few chocolate chips into the top. Repeat with remaining dough and Rolos, placing cookies about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the cookies are just set. Sprinkle immediately with sea salt to taste, then allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.