Rich, creamy classic Cheesecake. What I love most about this recipe is that it's so easily adaptable. You can use any fruit or topping or enjoy it plain.
Creamy, rich and utterly delicious cheesecake
- 1 ¼ cups wild blueberries
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ¼ graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 500 grams cream cheese
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- Blueberries for garnish
- Add the blueberries, sugar, maple syrup and lemon juice to a small heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until it thickens slightly and berries turn dark.
- Remove jam from heat and cool. It should yield about ½ cup of jam.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- Line a 9" x 6" pan or casserole dish with parchment paper. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the mixer and add the vanilla. Stir on low speed until just barely combined.
- Remove the paddle attachment, and stir in the sour cream with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Scrape the cheesecake filling into the cooled crust, and smooth out the top with your spatula.
- Dot the cooled wild blueberry jam over the surface and use a butter knife to drag it through the batter, creating a swirled effect.
- Place the pan in the centre of the oven, and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the cake is mostly set, with a slight jiggle in the middle. Try not to open the oven door during the baking process.
- Turn off the oven, open the door, and let the cake slowly cool in the oven for 15 minutes. This prevents cracking from cooling too quickly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve – sprinkle fresh blueberries over top, cut into 2-inch squares, and serve.