Happy Cinco de Mayo! This Cara Cara Margarita is the perfect way to celebrate but let's be clear, margarita's are perfect any day of the year. I love the sweetness the Cara Cara Oranges have and it really creates a delicious margarita.
I’d love to hear how you like it, so please comment below.
If you make them, please share your creations and tag @tarynstastingtable
Cara Cara Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Cara cara orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 oz Triple sec or Cointreau
- Simple Syrup optional
- Course salt optional for garnish
- Cara cara slice optional for garnish
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker and add all of the ingredients. Put on the lid and shake it up for about 30 seconds.
- Pour some salt on a small plate. Moisten the rim of the glass with a cara cara wedge. Swirl the glass in the salt until the rim is covered.
- Strain the margarita into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a slice of orange and enjoy!