Looking for a way to use up that sourdough discard? Then this is the recipe! These Sourdough Pancakes are delicious! I actually prefer them over a regular pancake recipe. That slight sour flavour reminiscent in sourdough bread cuts through the sweetness to create a perfect balance.
Enjoy! Tag @tarynstastingtable on your creation!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the sourdough starter, milk, egg and oil. Mix well just until combined.
- Heat up a large pan to a medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup pancake batter in pan. Cook until the pancake starts bubbling on top, then flip the pancake.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the pancake is cooked through