Berry season is one of my favourites! Fresh, local berries are the tastiest and I take full advantage of this season to create as many berries flavoured recipes as I can, including freezing a mass amount for later.
This Strawberry Loaf is moist, flavourful and absolutely delicious. Perfect for a summer picnic or even breakfast. I would recommend using local strawberries as it'll infuse the bread with a better strawberry flavour.
The best summer Strawberry Loaf
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream add more if needed
- ⅓ cup finely diced strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries. Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9"x5" bread pan. Bake at 350° degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk, diced strawberries and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve.
Leave a Reply