I absolutely love tiramisu! It's a classic for a reason! The coffee biscuits and creamy filling, what's not to love? It's totally delicious!
The best tiramisu recipe!
- 6 large egg yolks approx. ½ cup of yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packs ladyfingers 150g each
- 1 cup cold espresso or strong coffee
- cocoa for dusting
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water using a whisk to mix. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. This is your sabayon, remove from the heat and continue to whip yolks until thick. Allow to cool briefly before mixing in mascarpone.
- Add room temperature Mascarpone to whipped yolks, mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and set aside.
- Mix the cold espresso with the coffee liquor and dip the ladyfingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet, do not soak them.
- Arrange the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish (or container similarly sized)
- Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers. Add another layer of tiramisu cream.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Dust with cocoa before serving
Leave a Reply