A refreshing take on a classic old fashioned - my Plum Old Fashioned. This cocktail uses Japanese Whiskey, which has a more scotch-like taste that's more on the fruity and floral side. It comes off as lighter so I find it perfect mix for the summer. The plum liqueur brings a beautiful sweetness that truly complements the whiskey.
I’d love to hear how you like it, so please rate and/or comment below.
If you make them, please share your creations and tag @tarynstastingtable
What you'll need:
- Japanese Whiskey - I like Suntory or Kikori, but there are so many amazing brands.
- Plum Liqueur - I used Ume Plum Liqueur
- Angostura bitters - smoky bitters work well too
- Simple syrup - optional
- Cocktail mixing glass
- Mixing Spoon
- Rocks glass
In a cocktail mixing glass, add Japanese Whiskey, Plum Liqueur, Bitters and Simple Syrup(optional). Stir.
Add ice cubes to a rocks glass, pour in cocktail. Garnish and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, why not try these?
Plum Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Japanese Whiskey
- 1.5 oz Plum Liqueur
- A few drops of Bitters
- 0.25 oz Simple Syrup
- In a cocktail mixing glass, add Japanese Whiskey, Plum Liqueur, Bitters and Simple Syrup(optional). Stir.
- Add ice cubes to a rocks glass, pour in cocktail. Garnish and enjoy!