My favourite style of cookie is chunky and cakey. I like them soft and thick, don't give me those small crispy ones. These chocolate chip cookies are exactly that. I love adding some white chocolate chips in addition to the milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Ooey-gooey and absolutely delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- Chunks create more gooey cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cold cubed butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add vanilla extract and stir.
- Stir in flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined to avoid overmixing. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Separate dough into large balls and place on cookie sheet with parchment. They are bigger than you think! You will fit about 4 cookies on one large cookie sheet. If you need space, you can wrap cookies in plastic wrap separately.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. They can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set. Best served warm!